(Courtesy of MY KITCHEN! YEAH MUTHAF$%#ERS!)
At this point, you may be saying to yourself, "I know I've seen this thing before.... but where?" It was the brainchild of a certain TV infomercial evil genius who has a striking resemblance to a certain murderous doll.
(Courtesy of Ridiculous Infomercial Review.)
But in all seriousness, Cathy Mitchell has hocked everything from MicroCrisp (that weird paper you wrap food in to make it crispy in the microwave -- as still seen in those sleeves for Hot Pockets) to weird pans that can cook multiple things at once (as picture above.... not the knife.... the other thing.... she's the one on the right). Here's here and her glutton partner in crime on their infomercial:
(Courtesy of Screen Moguls.)
Actually, I think that's the infomercial for the first generation of this product, called the Xpress 101. It basically had two half-moon shaped wells where you could cook things. The newer generation has one large section to cook things, and then inserts you can use as well (the traditional one as seen in the last model, the cake one (I believe), and a small food cooking one). So I decided I was going to make vegan burritos in this bad boy, and boy did they turn out great! I think I'm gonna love this thing! Basically, what I used.....
- flour tortillas
- vegan sour cream
- refried beans (make sure they're vegan!)
- taco sauce
- fake-y vegan meat (which is gross and I never use, but I had no Daiya, so I needed something extra!)
What I did.....
- Heat up tortillas in the microwave and heat up/season fake meat in a skillet on the stove. Also turned on the Xpress Redi Set GO, to make sure it was preheated.
- Take one flour tortilla and spread some vegan cream cheese in the middle.
- Add guacamole on top of that.
- Then spread refried beans on top of that.
- Then add some fake-y vegan meat.
- Then top with some jalapeños and taco sauce.
- Wrap up burrito-like until sealed.
- Spray Redi Set GO with cooking spray and add burrito -- close lid.
- Then, depending on the size of the burrito, anywhere between 5 to 7 minutes later, you get this beauty!
(Courtesy of my kitchen and food purchased at Shop 'n Save.... want to make sure they get credit too.... don't need to be "exploiting" them, do I?)
Even to the meat eaters out there that swear by meat..... I'm sorry, but this vegan burrito will put Taco Bell to shame, any day! It was AMAZING! The one thing I'd suggest.... If you think that anything will start goo-ing out, make sure to wrap another tortilla shell over the burrito. Plus, this gives you the crispiness on the outside, but still the chewiness on the inside (kinda cheese like, but without the exploitation).
I'd definitely suggest this machine. It's awesome. Sometime this week, I'm gonna work out a vegan Hot Pocket with pizza dough and whatever the hell I decide to put inside it.